Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Forever

Hi everyone! I am back with my first layout at the end of the month. I haven't scrapbook for a couple of months as I was always busy making cards. I'm so glad my scrappy mojo kicks in this morning. I completed this page within three and a half hours and a little touch up some time later. Quite a record especially when I need to meet the deadline, hehe. I suppose I do better when last minute;  hehe. This is made for Kaisercraft October challenge (fourth Saturday). I often miss Kaisercraft deadlines so this time I make sure I'm in :) 
 This page features my children and their cousin way back in 2003 at my parent's house. The children were always playing together and I must say I love this picture of them sitting in my father's wheelbarrow. They looked so carefree and happy. What a sweet childhood memory.

This is the sketch:
 ...close-up pictures...
 I made the white flowers from my son's tracksuit. There's a piece of cloth underneath the tracksuit and he doesn't like it so he told me to cut it off so he can wear it with comfort. He offered to thrash off the white piece but I said "No wait, I can make use of it". I love recycle!  
 By now you probably can tell my love for butterflies. I made my own stencil from acetate by punching it with Carla Craft punch and using my forefinger I applied modelling paste over my handmade butterfly stencil. There are so many possibilities in making your own tool, and it's very cheap too.
 This sketch offers banners and it's always my cup of tea.
 Supplies~ Kaisercraft: Bonjour collection/clear stamps/ink pad/rub on; Rangers distress ink, Tim Holtz distress marker, Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist, acrylic modelling paste, gesso. 
I am happy with the end result of this layout and can't wait to start on another tonight. Until the morning after, have a great day and thank you for visiting me today.

Hugs and smiles,

1 comment:

  1. A very stunning layout. Extremely creative especially with the recycling bits. Cute photo of the kids. Anything goes for them, right?

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah